DID YOU KNOW THAT
MANAGERS who are able to CONFIDENTLY accompany and manage employees with mental health problems are more effective with their teams and better able to maintain their own mental health?
Does your MANAGEMENT TEAM :
- Clearly understand their role and responsibilities towards an employee aﬀected by a mental health problem?
- Have strategies for supporting and managing an employee with mental health problems, such as how and when to talk directly to the employee?
- Understand how to recognize changes in behaviours and performance that might be manifestations of a mental health problem?
- Contribute to helping the employee recover and remain at work while maintaining ethical boundaries?
- Eﬀectively manage the performance and mental health needs of other members of the team, while also considering their own health needs?
If the answer is NO to any of the questions above,
here is our service:
Manage and Support Employees Struggling with Mental Health problems at work
Today’s managers are questioning their role. Managing employees with mental health problems is increasingly part of their daily routine and it is imperative to the business and all involved that eﬀective support is available. Creating a workplace climate free of stigma and conducive to recovery is the goal.
Feeling conﬁdent managing employees that may be in early stages of distress through to those in a gradual return to work process promotes health of employees, the managers, and the organization.
Topics covered during the training:
- The basis for sound workplace employee mental health support. Recognizing, establishing and respecting boundaries.
- Exploring self-awareness and values.
- Understanding how judgment, ego and emotions can contribute to unconscious barriers to empathy and eﬀective communications.
- Enhancing communication and interaction skills for conversations related to psychological distress. Overseeing the welfare of the entire team during the gradual return to work of an employee Learning more about the availability of workplace, community, and clinical resources.
Discussions on the following topics related to organizational culture will be integrated: re-humanizing the workplace, management of ethical behaviour, ﬁnd solutions without addressing the medical record and within the bounds of conﬁdentially.
Course facilitators are former business managers and leaders who have been personally aﬀected by psychological distress and have gained a great deal of experience with mental health in the workplace. Participants are engaged in an authentic way and mentored throughout the training session. All sessions are tailored to the needs of each organization. Additional modules are available to leverage this basic training program.
For more information, please contact us